Thursday, October 12, 2006

My favorite vacation waiting to happen...

I tried unsuccessfully to add a link to my friend Margie's school in Peru. I'm going to make another attempt tomorrow. For now the link is http://ayni.footboot.net/ Margie is there with her family and I'm going to join them on Oct. 27th. I try not to think too hard about it because I have a mountain of work to do before leaving and I don't want to form too solid an idea of the work and the place. I'm going to buy a new knapsack on Saturday from MEC. The one I used for England and treeplanting has earned its retirement. I have some bizarre artifacts sewn to it that should be removed. Notably, a sixer's pow wow badge from Brownies and a piece of fur from a very bad jacket worn to a Outland Christmas party. My first piece of third world travel advice from Doug Thomson was "don't bring anything that you'll cry if you lose".

No comments: