Monday, May 05, 2008

New Beginning Sampler


Any quilter under the tutelage of Helen Plaucshin will start with a Sampler. All of the blocks are different, fairly simple and mercifully large. My first Sampler probably took me just over a year. In the end, I gave it to someone that I loved and they still have it. In fact I don't even have a picture of it, but I'll try and dig up some of the fabric scraps to post. When fabric shopping with the always delightful Tasha, I found Anna Griffin's Blythe line at the Workroom. The owner Karyn had combined them with other fabrics to make a Sampler and it was so inspiring. So we begin again and I think it's perfect. I returned to my first set of notes from Helen and resolved to pick different blocks for my New Beginning Sampler. This is a Jacob's Ladder with a little peice of the British Isles snuck in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to your blog! You know I'll 'lurk' around here often. Love the quilts and the knitting, and anyone who makes you feel guilty about this deserves to wallow in his own bile-y vat of self-loathing....I happen to own two 'Carolanne' quilts and they are among my prized possessions. Love them, love you!